Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Orange Box

The Orange Box was a group of games released in the same package on October 10th, 2007. It comprised of five games: Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Episode One, Half-Life 2: Episode Two, Portal, and Team Fortress 2. The last three of which were new releases at the time. The first two were released at earlier times, but were bundled with the new three to create The Orange Box.

When The Orange Box came out, it was $50, just like most PC game releases. Now, it can be bought on Steam for $30. The package offers something for everyone who likes First Person Shooters (FPS). A great single player story in Half-Life 2 and both of the episodes. Playing the first Half-Life game is not completely necessary to understand the story, but it is also a great game. The Orange Box also offers a fun puzzle game in Portal and a brilliantly replayable and quirky multiplayer game in Team Fortress 2.

I believe that those five games for just $30 is a steal. Even all five of those games for the $50 it was when it was released was a steal. Each game can be purchased alone for even less than The Orange Box as a package.

4 comments:

  1. I remember playing Half-life when I was younger and watching my dad play the game. My best friend and I thought it was pretty epic at the time. However, I haven't played Half-life 2 yet, or not that I remember. I did play Portal though, that was an interestingly, fun game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Portal was a great game, but too short. Portal 2 is going to be a much longer and more complex game from what I have heard. Portal 2 is supposed to come out February 9, 2011, but that could change. I also highly recommend playing Half-Life 2. In my opinion, it is one of the best games of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the Orange Box is Steams best release of games. Half-life 2 alone is worth that of console games new release. I am excited about what steam doing with their pc install. What do you think of the install?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought this when it was $50! haha I thought it was go great deal then but for $30? Thats a steal. Half-life 1 and 2 are awesome games and so is Portal. It's great how the package basically has something for everyone.

    ReplyDelete